Full-time: 40 hours/week (on average)
Location: Sturgeon Bay, WI
Payment: Depending on experience, housing included
The Brey family is seeking an intern to support our marketing and public relations efforts for our beef and dairy enterprises. This individual will be primarily responsible for marketing efforts for our direct-to-consumer beef business established in 2020. They will also support public relations activities as needed for our dairy farm. Self-direction, creativity, exceptional communication and attention to detail are required.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Brey Family Beef:
- Support development and maintenance of online beef store and digital payment options
- Maintain and update website, http://breyfamilybeef.com and Google Business profile
- Lead planning and execution of special events such as cookouts
- Collaborate on new product creation and development
- Manage retail store
- Manage farmers market events
- Manage product inventory
- Support social media (Facebook and Instagram), including development of content calendar and content creation
- Support development and execution of marketing campaigns such as recipe cards
- Support development of restaurant market
Brey Cycle Farm:
- Support PR efforts such as neighborhood cookouts
- Lead farm tours
- Support social media (Facebook), including development of content calendar and content creation
- Support Cycle Farm events and activities as needed and as time allows
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Familiarity with agriculture and farming practices and best practices for communicating with non-farming public
- Technical command of social media platforms
- Web design is a plus
- Recognition of engaging content
- Creative mindset
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google Workspace and Adobe (InDesign, Acrobat) preferred
- Ability to work independently
About our farm:
Brothers Tony and Jacob Brey are the fourth-generation farmers and owners of Brey Cycle Farm LLC, a dairy farm in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. The farm has been in the Brey family since 1904. Along with their wives and a team of dedicated employees, they have grown the farm from 100 milking cows and 500 acres to 650 cows and 1,200 acres. In addition to raising their own youngstock, they custom raise heifers for other farms. They are passionate about Registered Holsteins and place an emphasis on improving the genetics in their herd using embryo transfer and genomics. They have sent multiple bulls to AI studs, including Jordy, Jacoby and Journey.
The Breys also raise Holstein/Angus animals from birth to finish. Their latest venture, Brey Family Beef, focuses on bringing quality meat and their farm story directly to customers through an on-farm store and an enhanced presence in the community.
Over the past five years, the farm has increased their emphasis on conservation. The farm is a founding member of Peninsula Pride Farms, a farmer-led conservation group in their community, as well as a demonstration farm through the Door-Kewaunee Demonstration Farm Network.
They’re involved in the farm-to-school program in their local community and a host farm for the Center for Dairy Excellence Adopt-a-Cow program. The Breys enjoy hosting farm tours for fellow farmers and community members.